Job title: Sr. CyberSecurity Specialist
Company: Palo Alto Networks
Job description: Company Description
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Approach to Work
We lead with flexibility and choice in all of our people programs. We have disrupted the traditional view that all employees have the same needs and wants. We offer personalization and offer our employees the opportunity to choose what works best for them as often as possible – from your wellbeing support to your growth and development, and beyond!
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
As a Threat Specialist, you will work with Development, Sales, QA and Marketing to build positive customer experience. With your strong fault, isolation, and root cause analysis skills, you will diagnose and solve complex technical issues and provide timely solutions to internal and external customers. You will regularly update support cases in a call tracking system and documenting customer problems, technical solutions and product information in the knowledge base. In this role, you will mentor and train new hires and junior engineers to drive continuous improvement and effectiveness of the team across the entire support organization. You will also work to reproduce customer issues in the lab and qualify escalations along with creating a workaround for customer problems to minimize service impact. Travel may be required to customer and Partner sites to assist in fault isolation and root cause analysis. You will ensure compliance with all procedures including Escalation, Problem / Bug Reporting, RMA processes.
- Provide Technical Support to customers, partners and Palo Alto Networks Tier2 engineers by phone, e-mail and in-person
- Work directly with ETAC and Software Engineering to get customer problems resolved
- Isolate root cause for product defects and Reproduce customer issues in the lab
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors – Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Network with key contacts outside own area of expertise – Regularly participate in technical discussions with cross-functional teams
- Publish Technical Support Bulletins, provide content technical review for Knowledge Base as well as contribute to customer-facing forums and other technical documentation
- Manage technical escalations & own complex cases
- Engage with PM/R&D/Dev to provide feedback on product and customer experience
- Conduct multi-vendor troubleshooting
- Develop into Subject Matter Expert across multiple areas
- Visibility across the entire organization – leadership is recognized across the organization
- Work cross-functionally to deliver the assigned projects in a timely manner while maintaining a healthy and professional work environment
- Take part in the 24×7 Follow the Sun on-call shift rotation
- Minimum 3 years cybersecurity experience
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels and stakeholders – internally and externally on complex technical issues
- In-depth understanding of Networking concepts and experience with multi-vendor networking devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, traffic generators, etc
- Experience with Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper (Netscreen), Fortinet is a plus
- Expert in Routing and Switching protocols (e.g. OSPF / BGP / VLAN / STP)
- Solid experience with Security Protocols (e.g. IPSEC / SSL-VPN / NAT / GRE)
- Experience with Authentication Protocols is a plus
- Ability to independently debug broad, complex and unique networks with mixed media and protocols is required
- Industry Certifications a plus
- Thorough understanding of the Software release and bug cycles
- Ability to work independently, as well as contributing as a team player
Our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission.
You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus on providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at .
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $94200 – $152450/yr. The offered compensation may also include a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found .
Expected salary: $94200 – 152450 per year
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Job date: Sun, 14 Jan 2024 02:04:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!