Job title: Cybersecurity Operations Center Analyst
Company: Booz Allen Hamilton
Job description: Cybersecurity Operations Center Analyst
Are you ready to take a strategic role in cyber defense? Are you looking for an opportunity to protect critical infrastructure from the constant onslaught of cyber-attacks? If you want to sharpen your skills by analyzing threats in real-time, you want to be a Cybersecurity Operations Center analyst.
As a Cybersecurity Operations Center analyst on our security operations center team, you’ll improve tier monitoring strategies and analyze threats, using state-of-the-art tools and platforms. You’ll work with the team to comprehend, mitigate, and respond to threats quickly, restoring operations and limiting the impact. You’ll manage efforts to figure out just how many systems are affected and assist recovery efforts. You’ll combine threat intelligence, event data, and assessments of events to identify patterns to understand attackers’ goals to stop them from succeeding. This is a great opportunity to continue to build your Cybersecurity skills with hands on experience in threat assessment and incident response. Join us as we protect clients from malicious actors.
In this role, you’ll lead a team of professionals as they use cyberspace capabilities to evaluate potential weaknesses as well as the effectiveness of mitigations for cyber security solutions. You will leverage cyberspace operations systems to aggregate threat feeds that inform briefings for senior leadership aligned to our Army client.
If you want to work shoulder to shoulder with our mission partner influencing the most critical global cyber missions, this is the opportunity for you.
Join us. The world can’t wait.
- 3+ years of experience working in a Security Operations Center at a classified level in the DoD
- Experience providing continuous monitoring security expertise to business units and key stakeholders
- Experience performing analysis to validate established security requirements and recommend additional security requirements and safeguards
- Experience working with Cybersecurity staff to evolve the Security Operations continuous monitoring toolsets and reporting to provide better vulnerability insight
- Ability to serve as subject matter expert on vulnerabilities, including system and application settings, to work alongside other security analysts in event handling and incident response
- Ability to perform configuration and deployment of vulnerability scanning and network assessment tools
- Ability to perform as a focal point for the incident response and communicate with other stakeholders
- TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor’s degree
- CSSP Analyst certification, including CEH, CFR, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA-Security, CySA+, GCIA, or GCIH
Nice If You Have:
- Experience using Elastic for monitoring and analysis
- Experience with Government, DoD, IC, and US Army Cyber Regulations and compliance standards
- Experience using endpoint tools to successfully hunt for adversarial behavior
- Knowledge of Splunk and creating Splunk content, including alerts and dashboards
- Ability to conduct threat hunting using network and host-based information
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity or related field
- Splunk, Tanium, or TYCHON Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
Create Your Career:
Grow With Us
Your growth matters to us—that’s why we offer a variety of ways for you to develop your career. With professional and leadership development opportunities like , tuition reimbursement, mentoring, and firm-sponsored networking, you can chart a unique and fulfilling career path on your own terms.
A Place Where You Belong
Diverse perspectives cultivate collective ingenuity. means that, here, you are free to bring your whole self to work. With an array of business resource groups and other opportunities for connection, you’ll develop your community in no time.
Support Your Well-Being
Our includes wellness programs with HSA contributions, paid holidays, paid parental leave, a generous 401(k) match, and more. With these benefits, plus the option for flexible schedules and remote and hybrid locations, we’ll support you as you pursue a balanced, fulfilling life—at work and at home.
Your Candidate Journey
At Booz Allen, we know our people are what propel us forward, and we value relationships most of all. so you’ll know what to expect as we forge a connection with you during your journey as a candidate with us.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $81,800.00 to $186,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees. This posting will close within 90 days from the Posting Date.
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.
Expected salary: $81800 – 186000 per year
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
Job date: Sun, 14 Jan 2024 06:18:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!