Job title: Summer Internship – Cybersecurity
Company: Sterling National Bank
Job description: If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first–doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity to gain real-world work experience, Webster Bank’s internship program delivers! High performing students entering their junior or senior year of undergraduate studies will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with Webster/HSA colleagues to gain valuable experience, knowledge, and skills. This internship program is designed to create a pipeline of candidates who may become Webster’s next generation of leaders.
As an intern at Webster Bank/HSA Bank, you will experience an unforgettable summer of learning, networking, and fun, while gaining valuable experience that directly complements classroom studies. Every internship opportunity is structured to provide you with a meaningful experience, broad exposure to our corporate functions, and opportunities for mentorship and networking. Webster’s internship will be demanding & rewarding, and prepare you for your career ahead.
Summer Intern Program duration: May 28 – August 2, 2024
Position: Cybersecurity Intern
- Assist and perform Security Risk Assessments on internal assets and third parties.
- Work with team to help resolve open remediation items.
- Review and process responses to the CyberSecurity Maturity Assessment
- Contribute to the Awareness and education within the Information Security Awareness Program.
- Provide support to the Operational Resiliency Team.
- Help with special projects within the Security Operations Center.
- Learn and participate in Safe Agile Framework ceremonies.
Location: Southington, CT
Participation Benefits Include:
- Networking and social events with other interns
- Opportunities to meet with business professionals, leaders and early career professionals
- Mentor assigned to help guide your experience at Webster Bank/HSA Bank
- Future opportunities to interview for full-time positions post-graduation
Education, Skills, and Experience Requirements for Interns:
- Current undergraduate rising Junior or Senior enrolled in an accredited college or university who is pursuing a degree in related field and has an interest in the banking/financial services industry
- Resourceful, enthusiastic, and proactive
- Highly organized
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Experience creating and delivering presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to learn quickly and solve problems
- Strong analytical skills
- Collaborative and inclusive team player
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
The estimated hourly range for this position is $18/hour USD to $20/hour USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Location: Southington, CT
Job date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 05:21:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!