Job title: SITEC – Cybersecurity Analyst – MacDill AFB
Job description: Responsibilities
Peraton requires Cyber Security Analyst to support the Special Operation Command Information Technology Enterprise Contract (SITEC) – 3. Positions are located at the SOCOM Headquarters at MacDill, AFB FL, and at the TSOC and Component locations in the United States and abroad.
The purpose of the Special Operations Forces Information Technology Enterprise Contract (SITEC) 3 Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) Task Order (TO) is to provide USSOCOM, its Component Commands, its Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs), and its deployed forces with Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services to maintain Network
Operations (NetOps); maintain systems and network infrastructure; provide end user and common device support; provide configuration, change, license, and asset management; conduct training, and perform Install, Move, Add, Change (IMACs) services. The responsibilities and tasks associated with each requirement play a pivotal role to USSOCOM, the CIO/J6 organization, and ultimately the end-user who operate around the globe 24x7x365.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assesses security systems for vulnerabilities and malicious activities and to identify potential controls to mitigate them
- Helps determine the vulnerabilities, risks and impacts on Government systems and networks.
- Stays current with the cybersecurity threatscape
- Investigates any breaches and other security incidents that occur
- Documents incidents and generate reports for team members and key staff
- Works with other security team members to augment their role and advise on issues
- Monitors security systems for suspicious network or application behavior
- Documents security incidents and implements response actions
- Coordinates and collaborates with technical Service Owners and government staff to scope, implement, and execute cyber range capabilities (e.g. CyberVAN) in support of dynamic USSOCOM mission requirements.
- Uses various tools such as Remedy, Splunk, and Office Automation to perform duties
- Maps MITRE ATT&CK framework to event types to proactivity identify threat vector activity
- Some positions may require work outside a traditional work schedule to support the needs of the customer
- Minimum of 8 years with BS/BA; Minimum of 6 years with MS/MA; Minimum of 3 years with PhD. Significant relevant experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- One year of experience in information systems security engineering, emphasis on Defense in Depth principles, network, and enterprise security architecture
- Knowledge on Federal and DoD Information Security regulations, publications, and policies
- Understands A&A processes
- Some background in applying information systems security engineering, security services, mechanisms, threats, attack scenarios and vulnerabilities to Government systems and communications infrastructure.
- DoD 8570.01M IAT II
- TS/SCI Clearance
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Target Salary Range
$86,000 – $138,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Expected salary: $86000 – 138000 per year
Location: MacDill Air Force Base, FL
Job date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 08:02:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!