Job title: Cybersecurity Firmware Engineer, Mid
Company: Booz Allen Hamilton
Job description: Cybersecurity Firmware Engineer, Mid
Collaborate with a team of creative problem solvers to test and evaluate systems through a Whitebox adversarial approach for a national agency to support military clients. Assess hardware and software-based systems based on the NIST 800-53 risk management framework (RMF) security controls. Conduct testing and analysis to identify vulnerabilities and potential threat vectors in systems and networks, develop exploits, and engineer attack methodologies. Apply specific functional and working or industry knowledge. Develop or contribute to solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity, when needed.
- 3+ years of experience in the electrical or computer engineering field
- Experience with ASIC design flows and FPGA architecture
- Experience with VHDL or OpenCL firmware programming
- Experience with HDL verification techniques, including SystemVerilog or OVM/UVM
- Experience with Simulation and Synthesis of HDL code
- Knowledge of an FPGA device, including Xilinx, Intel, or Microsemi
- Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to obtain a DoD-8570 IAT-Level II Certification, including Security+ CE, CYSA, SSCP, or GSEC Certification, within 6 months of hire
- Experience with higher-level code development, including Nvidia CUDA, OpenCL, Simulink HDL Coder, and Xilinx System Generator
- Experience with penetration testing or adversarial emulation
- Experience analyzing and executing test plans and procedures
- Experience developing or analyzing technical documentation
- Experience with Silicon LABS Simplicity Studio, Eclipse, Git, GitHub, GitLab, or GCC
- Knowledge of hardware or firmware simulation tools, including MatLab
- Knowledge of digital signal processing functions and automata theory
- Knowledge of Linux distributions, including Redhat, CentOS, and Kali Linux
- Knowledge of digital board design of complex mixed-signal boards to support FPGAs
- TS/SCI clearance
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $58,300.00 to $133,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.
Expected salary: $58300 – 133000 per year
Location: Rome, NY
Job date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 07:58:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!