Job title: Sr Cybersecurity Engineer Dallas or Detroit metro
Job description: Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
The Cybersecurity Engineering function is responsible for supporting the design and implementation of Security Architecture patterns into functioning platforms and systems within Comerica. This includes the engineering, deployment, and advanced support of critical control systems, security platforms, and associated workstreams or processes. The Cyber Engineering teams collaborate closely with peers within the Cyber Defense Organization and Technology teams to enable and support Comerica’s systems.
The Senior Cybersecurity Engineer is responsible for driving and ensuring the delivery of engineering efforts for distributed and complex systems. The role is focused on ensuring continual risk reduction through the application of advanced security engineering principles within their domain. The Senior Cybersecurity Engineer is expected to take ownership of a core competency, and associated platforms, to provide expert knowledge and support. The Senior Cybersecurity Engineer will also be responsible for assisting with the mentoring and technical growth of junior staff to ensure long-term departmental success.
- Provides extensive and complete analysis on the technical roadmaps of their respective core competency with an emphasis on the risk reduction and business enablement of their implementations.
- Drives the enhancement of documentation, process, and procedure to increase the completeness of Audit requirements and reduce time to respond to Audit requests.
- Provides expert-level incident and security response support in coordination with junior staff and their Cybersecurity Engineering Manager.
- Maintains ownership of risks or control gaps in conjunction with their Cybersecurity Engineering Manager and oversees the execution of tactical remediation plans.
- Participates in the strategic planning of their respective core competency in collaboration with other senior staff and their Cybersecurity Engineering Manager
- Ensures the enhancement and configuration of security platforms or tools to create concrete improvement and risk reduction.
Communication and Collaboration
- Develops feedback on risk identification mechanisms, gap analysis processes, roadmap creation, and knowledge management for the Cyber Engineering teams.
- Performs resource management with vendors, operations members, and management to ensure sustainable departmental success.
- Provide technical oversight on the enhancement efforts of junior staff in the areas of automation, control design, and service resiliency.
- Translate security architectural requirements, perform impact classification of known risks, and ensure the successful delivery of projects of a medium to high complexity.
- Collaborates with stakeholders across the business to develop security solutions to existing and new business problems.
- Coordinates complex changes necessary to support enhancements to Cyber Engineering services.
- Collaborates with other Engineering and Operations teams within both the Cyber and Technology organizations to troubleshoot and respond to events, as directed by business processes.
- Provides guidance to junior staff on the appropriate escalation and communication patterns.
- Presents project and related materials to Cyber Engineering and members of Management to gather feedback and provide status as needed.
Planning and Administration
- Identify & evaluate projects/programs/initiatives & design processes that enhance & rationalize existing and upcoming solutions.
- Review and propose alternate solutions to non-standard solutions if/as applicable to meet business & applications needs.
- Review, identify & manage requirements for moderate solutions and do a cost value, feasibility, and risk analysis as appropriate.
- Keep management informed of status of on activities through accurate, timely, and appropriate reporting.
- Actively participates in committees representing the department and/or planning unit.
- Keep abreast of leading-edge technologies in the Cybersecurity engineering space.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering or in a technology related field OR equivalent through a combination of education and/or technology experience OR 12 years of technology experience
- 5 years of relevant work experience within Cybersecurity Engineering or Operations
- 5 years of experience in a combination of the following domains of knowledge: Network Engineering and Security, Endpoint Security or System Hardening, SIEM or Detection Engineering, Cloud Operations or Security Engineering, Fraud Detection and Analysis, Security Automation or Software Development, and Data Engineering or Analytics
- 3 years of experience partnering with Architecture and Design teams to translate formal project requirements into effective and efficient enterprise systems
- 2 years of working within an Agile team targeting an iterative release method for infrastructure and security services
- 2 years of experience working with general automation tools and processes like Python, Bash, Powershell, Git, etc.
- Preferred, CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) CISM, CySA+, or other Expert-level certifications
- Preferred, Certifications within relevant Engineering Domain: CCNP, GDSA, GCIA, GMON, GCDA, CCSP, RHCSA, GPPA, GSA, AWS – Security
Auburn Hills Operations Center 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday – Friday
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 00:24:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!