Job title: Cybersecurity Test Engineer – Mid-Level – TGEB
Company: Oasis Systems
Job description: Overview
Our team is searching for a Cybersecurity Test Engineer to support the 48th Cyber Space Test Squadron and the United States Space Force (USSF) at Eglin Air Force Base, Florida. The Cybersecurity Test Team conducts security analysis and assessments on Air Force systems to better understand cybersecurity vulnerabilities, characterize security risks, and make recommendations on corrective actions.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment, learning new technology areas, this is the team for you. The team provides opportunities to advance your cybersecurity career and experience through on-the-job training, hands on testing, self-paced learning, and program and project management by working directly with experienced team members with many years in the cybersecurity field and professional certifications like CISSP, CASP, CISS-EP, CEH, OSCP and OSCE. If you have a technical cyber-background and want to learn more about cybersecurity testing, Risk Management Framework (RMF), and cyber testing, this is the job for you.
We are looking for professionals with a cyber-background, who have strength in the area of DOD security control validation. We are also seeking technical experience working with information technologies like Windows, Red Hat, Cisco, Databases, DISA STIGs, STIG Viewer, ACAS, and other cyber security assessment tools with one or more cyber certifications in one of the listed areas and are highly motivated to learn the others. Position responsibilities can span from security control compliance, project management, and technical compliance testing to depending on skillset.
When executing test events, work hours can be extended and may vary. Test events are typically 1-2 weeks in length, with personnel currently spending 2-3 days in the office and 2-3 days per week teleworking, when not testing. Travel requirements are typically 1 week per month but varies.
LOCATION: Eglin AFB, FL
JOB STATUS: Full Time
TRAVEL: 35% CONUS / OCONUS TDYs
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must be able to obtain/maintain a Top Secret clearance and U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants
EDUCATION: Master’s Degree in an applicable technical discipline – years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
CERTIFICATIONS: Must be able to obtain DOD 8570 IAT Level 3 certification (CASP, CISSP, etc.) within 6 months of hire, and maintain certification throughout employment
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: 3-10 years of applicable experience
- US Citizenship required, and the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
- Knowledge in planning and conducting cyber testing
- Significant understanding of the DoD Cybersecurity Test and Evaluation Guidebook (six phases)
- Analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Good organization, decision making, and verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent self-initiative and self-motivation with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively in small and large team settings to solve complex problems
- Travel up to 15-20 weeks per year, potentially to worldwide sites
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in cybersecurity testing and/or leading cyber test events
- Proficient in Windows and Linux Operating System
- Understanding of network security/engineering
- Knowledge of common wired and wireless network protocol structures
- Experience working in DevSecOps environment
- Experience assessing cloud-based enterprise(s)
- Agent to the Security Control Assessor for multiple Authorizing Officials (AOs)
- Execute independent Security Control Validation for Air Force Systems
- Conduct independent compliance assessments, data collection, test automation, and reporting
- Utilizing cyber test tools and developing strategies for cybersecurity testing in DoD, Air Force and Space Force systems
- Perform system security analysis on systems and/or software to understand and identify cyber vulnerabilities
- Execute hands-on testing which include significant technical skills with multiple operating systems. (Windows, Linux, Unix, Red Hat, Cisco, IOS (network)) as well as software/databases (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL)
- Provide technical guidance and cybersecurity expertise to test teams and the customer
- Document and communicate test results effectively to technical and non-technical user groups in both written and oral formats
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Continuing education assistance
- Professional development allotment
- Multiple healthcare benefits packages
- 401K with employer matching
- Paid time off (PTO) along with a federally recognized holiday schedule
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective, and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, Federal Aviation Administration, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and other Federal Agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations, while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
“Oasis Systems Cyber Division”
Location: Shalimar, FL
Job date: Sun, 05 Nov 2023 06:54:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!