Job title: Teaching Assistant – IT and Cybersecurity Program
Company: Dixie Technical College
Job description: Summary:
This is a part-time position for an industry professional who will help train students in the Information Technology and Cybersecurity Program. This instructor must ensure that a positive, upbeat, diversified, interesting and active learning environment occurs in both classrooms and labs, giving the students relevant and worthwhile experiences daily. The responsibilities include planning, organizing, and implementing an effective instructional training program in a professional learning environment that guides, encourages and enables students to develop into industry professionals.
This position will support the faculty and students in various IT-related courses, including A+ Core I and II, computer Networks, Linux Foundations, Introduction to to Scripting, Security +, Introduction to Cloud, and Career and Workplace Relations. They will also assist in the culminating final project that the students complete at the end of the program.
This position pays between $21 and $25 per hour, depending upon qualifications and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist students in accordance with classroom syllabi, curriculum, planned lab experiences and lesson plans, and provide feedback regarding their effectiveness and convergence with industry practices to full-time instructors
- Working with the program instructors, develop and execute active and diverse learning experiences which retain the interest of students while transmitting information and developing skills in the most effective manner, with a heavy emphasis on learning by doing, while maintaining a structured learning environment that complies with the course syllabus and course plan
- Communicate clear objectives and well-defined competencies for the program and all learning activities. Ensure classroom and lab are prepared for daily learning activities
- Help assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments in a timely manner
- Together with the program instructional team, observe, evaluate, and record student’s performance and development and provide appropriate and helpful feedback. Notify full-time instructor when problems develop before they become critical
- Manage student behavior by establishing and enforcing appropriate rules and procedures; involve full-time instructor
- Ensure that student data is updated on a real-time basis in Northstar.
- Maintain integrity and confidentiality in all circumstances, especially concerning student information
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all College, local, City, State and Federal guidelines. Adhere to FERPA requirements and guidelines.
- Model a professional environment for the students in the classroom and lab
- Be an active and participative member of the program’s instructional team
- Actively ensure program follows all guidelines and conditions necessary to meet the standards of COE accreditation, if applicable
- Assist with biannual Occupational Advisory Committee (OAC) meetings as requested, if applicable
- Ensure that students and staff are treated respectfully and equally without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age (40 or over), national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, and actively promote a culture of tolerance, acceptance and diversity on campus. Report all violations immediately to HR or Student Services
- Comply with Dixie Tech Policies and Procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- One year industry experience preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Associates Degree or Industry Recognized Certificates Knowledge and practical experience in A+ Core Iand II, Computer Networking, Linux Foundations, Introduction to Scripting, Cybersecurity +, Introduction to Cloud, and Career and Workplace Relations
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate with students, staff and colleagues; read academic texts and materials, student papers, etc.; operate personal computer and audio-visual equipment; stand or sit for up to one to three hours at a time; drive to off-site meetings or conferences or to observe student interns; move around campus for classes and meetings.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
The State of Utah is an equal-opportunity employer. Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability. Employees and potential employees are subject to a criminal background check and drug testing. This position is exempt under the Fair Standards Labor Act.
While we thank all applicants for applying, only those being actively considered for employment will be contacted during the selection process.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Expected salary: $21 – 25 per hour
Location: Saint George, UT
Job date: Sun, 05 Nov 2023 23:10:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!