Job title: Senior Consultant, Crisis Communications – Cybersecurity
Company: FTI Consulting
Job description: Who We Are
FTI Consulting is the world’s leading expert-driven consulting firm. Over the last 40 years, FTI Consulting experts have served as the trusted advisor to Fortune 500 companies and the world’s leading law and private equity firms when they are facing their greatest opportunities and challenges. Our strong performance and continued success are a direct reflection of the ambition, energy, and commitment of our talented professionals across the globe to make a positive impact for our clients and communities.
At FTI Consulting, you’ll be inspired and empowered to make an impact on headline matters that change history. Working side by side with the world’s leading experts in your field, you’ll be surrounded by an open collaborative culture that embraces diversity, recognition, professional development and most importantly, you.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join FTI Consulting and this is where you will do the most exciting and fulfilling work of your career.
Are you ready to make an impact?
About The Role
As a Senior Consultant on the Cybersecurity & Data Privacy Communications team, you will take an active role in developing and managing crisis communications response strategies for companies facing active cybersecurity attacks or threats. Additionally, this position will work on cybersecurity communications preparedness projects, tabletop exercises, and other specialized offerings within the Cybersecurity & Data Privacy Communications practice.
As part of a team, you will support the development and execution of multi-stakeholder communications activities for clients experiencing cybersecurity incidents such as ransomware attacks, nation-state attacks, incidents involving critical infrastructure and other key operational disruptions, attacks on major B2B corporations, among others.
The Senior Consultant will have strong written communications skills and the ability to easily interact with and collaborate with members of the Cyber & Data Privacy Communications team at all levels. This position should be comfortable attending calls with clients and external law firms/other partners to help to assess the situation, work with senior leaders to create a response strategy or proposal and develop corresponding deliverables. This role requires interest in cybersecurity and data privacy issues, a willingness to learn, the ability to shift/be flexible in a fast-paced environment, and a team-first attitude.
What You’ll Do
- Develop strategic proposals and communications plans for clients and new business prospects
- Serve as a primary client contact for small matters – with support from senior colleagues, representing the team in client meetings, conference calls, and while working on client sites
- Manage small client projects
- Scenario plan for likely outcomes and develop corresponding communications strategies
- Draft client materials, including communications for key stakeholders, FAQs, media statements, regulatory filings, among others
- Actively participate in the generation of new business proposals and presentations
- Effectively manage time across multiple projects
How You’ll Grow
We are committed to investing and supporting you in your professional development and we have developed a range of programs focused on fostering leadership, growth and development opportunities. We aim to promote continuous learning and individual skills development through on-the-job learning, self-guided professional development courses and certifications. You’ll be assigned a dedicated coach to mentor, guide and support you through regular coaching sessions and serve as an advocate for your professional growth.
As you progress through your career at FTI Consulting, we offer tailored programs for critical professional milestones to ensure you are prepared and empowered to take on your next role.
What You Will Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience with a background in crisis/issue management, cybersecurity, and/or corporate communications
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis; the employer will not sponsor applicants for work visas
- Ability to travel to clients and FTI office(s) as needed
- Prior client service, consulting, agency experience is preferred
- Ability to advise and secure confidence of senior communications client contacts as well as account leads and peers
- Ability to work under pressing deadlines across multiple projects – understands effective time management
- Expert in Excel, PPT – can keep deliverables moving against project plans, as well as develop rollouts and roadmaps
- Track record of managing communications with multiple stakeholders (investors, employees, customers, media, etc.) during crisis events
Our goal is to support the well-being of you and your families—physically, emotionally, and financially. We offer comprehensive benefits such as the following:
- Competitive total compensation, including bonus earning potential
- Full package of benefits plans, including medical, dental, and vision coverage along with life and disability insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Company matched 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Potential for flexible work arrangements
- Generous paid parental leave and flex return support
- Family care benefits, including back-up child/elder care
- Employee wellness platform
- Employee recognition programs
- Paid time off for volunteering in your community
- Corporate matching for charitable donations most important to you
- Make an impact in our communities through company sponsored pro bono work
- Professional development and certification programs
- Free in-office snacks and drinks
- Free smartphone and cellular plan (if applicable)
- FTI Perks & Discounts at retailers and businesses
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping clients with their most significant opportunities and challenges. With more than 7,600 employees located in 31 countries, our broad and diverse bench of award–winning experts advise their clients when they are facing their most significant opportunities and challenges. At FTI Consulting, we embrace, cultivate and maintain a culture of diversity, inclusion & belonging, which are fundamental components to our core values. FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been named the #1 Professional Services Firm on Forbes List of America’s Best Employers and the best firm to work for by Consulting Magazine. For more information, visit and connect with us on and .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
- Job Family/Level: Op Level 2 – Senior Consultant
- Citizenship Status Accepted: Not Applicable
- Exempt or Non-Exempt?: Exempt
- Minimum Pay: 75000
- Maximum Pay: 113000
Location: Washington DC
Job date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 22:47:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!