Job title: Lead Cybersecurity Engineer (Intelligence Center)
Job description: Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That’s because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation’s toughest challenges—and we’re committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We’re making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
The Law Enforcement and Domestic Security Division supports the Department of Justice in its efforts to uphold the rule of law, to keep our country safe, and to protect civil rights.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Law Enforcement and Domestic Security (LEADS) Division is seeking a technical contributor for its work with the Department of Justice. The project will be housed in the Global LE Enterprise Solutions Department (N953). A multidisciplinary project team is currently in place to assist with the deployment of multiple protection layers of technology and processes to defend DOJ sponsor computers, devices, networks, programs and data. The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing Splunk components (i.e., UFs/HFs) and working with stakeholders to onboard new data feeds
- Combining cybersecurity and data science skills to enhance adversary detection, network defense, and Security Operations Center (SOC) process improvement.
- Building security analytics and dashboards in Splunk and integrating new data feeds
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the Federal Government regarding a number of engineering processes
- Automating container environments via continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- Utilizing network tools and telemetry to enable detection and threat hunting
- Active Top-Secret clearance
- Due to the lengthy clearance process, candidates without an existing Top Secret cannot be considered for this opening.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Data Science, or a related field.
- Experience with Splunk content development and components
- Experience with data on-boarding activities such as App/TA installations, data transforms, and routing
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles and their application
- Knowledge of cybersecurity operations
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Data Science, or a related field
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity Operations Centers (CSOC/SOC)
- Experience with automation and code repositories
- Experience using MITRE ATT&CK®
- Project and people leadership experience
- Direct experience communicating with senior-level staff
- Ability to effectively manage MITRE and sponsor relationships while supporting evolving mission requirements
- Ability to successfully work with a geographically dispersed team of cross-functional experts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced written and oral communication skills, and ability to present ideas and recommendations to a broad audience
- Keen ability to research diverse topics to effectively problem solve
This requisition requires the candidate to have a minimum of the following clearance(s):
This requisition requires the hired candidate to have or obtain, within one year from the date of hire, the following clearance(s):
Work Location Type: Onsite
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of age; ancestry; color; family medical or genetic information; gender identity and expression; marital, military, or veteran status; national and ethnic origin; physical or mental disability; political affiliation; pregnancy; race; religion; sex; sexual orientation; and any other protected characteristics. For further information please visit the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission website and .
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE’s employment process, please email .
Copyright © 1997-2023, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only. Benefits information may be found
Location: Huntsville, AL
Job date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 00:41:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!