Job title: Industrial Cybersecurity Consultant
Company: John Wood Group
Job description: Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for an Industrial Cybersecurity Consultant within the Systems Integration Team.
Reporting to the Business Manager of Digital Integration, the Industrial Cybersecurity Consultant is accountable for Wood’s Industrial Cybersecurity and Digital Integration business growth and delivery across Energy and Materials industries within North America.The Industrial Cybersecurity Consultant will provide principal consulting on ICS Cybersecurity to customers, project personnel and project teams, while helping to build Wood’s Digital Integration service portfolio and business volume.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Advise clients and promote, develop and implement cyber security solutions for industrial control systems in the energy and materials industries across North America.
- Conduct cybersecurity gap assessments as per NIST or ISA/IEC-62443 framework
- Consult clients on their OT Cybersecurity Resilience roadmap development and implementation
- Support the growth, development and delivery performance across projects in Industrial Cybersecurity and digital solutions
- Support development and delivery of business plans in support of Digital Integration business growth, in line with Wood’s strategy.
- Maximize the long-term customer relationship and commercial return by positioning Wood for contract extensions and renewals.
- Consult on solutions to strategic, contractual, technical, commercial, operational and personnel related challenges which impact on customer service and performance.
- Keep yourself and the team apprised to technical practice, standards and threat trends impacting ICS Cybersecurity.
- Identify, develop training, and certification plans for ICS Cybersecurity competency.
- Promote ICS Cybersecurity practice and principles within the organization.
- Support Business Development with presentations, estimates, proposal responses
- Build practice knowledge base and resources within the organization.
- Represent Wood in the professional community by attending industry forums, publishing white papers and participating in professional organization committees as a subject matter expert maintaining contact with key customers and potential customers
- Accountable for maintaining relationships with strategic/key clients (together with Growth & Development) and execution partners and supporting the development of new relationships in line with Wood’s strategy.
- Implement Industrial Cyber Security solutions including:
- Facilitating client meetings
- Engaging with client stakeholders including Operations and IT
- Managing technical interfaces with 3rd parties e.g., control system vendors
- conduct cyber security assessments
- Preparing execution plans including consideration of operational constraints and technical assurance
- Specifying, selecting, configuring and testing material and equipment
- Supporting project teams in solution delivery
- Commissioning equipment at client facility
- Managing technical and commercial change
- Delivering to budget and schedule targets
- Typical KPIs; applicable to end-market / customer contract(s)
- Revenue growth
- Project / Program Delivery Excellence
- Pipeline growth (indirect; influence/collaborate with G&D)
- Regular key client engagement
- Customer satisfaction
- Support development and delivery of a robust business plan, whilst driving and supporting corporate initiatives, ensuring company values are at the core of all activities.
- Partially billable as a consultant, project manager or technical advisor. Billability percentage is a function of growth/execution priorities
- Develop and implement a focused strategy at practice level, support scope of work development, estimation, bid and tender activity as required and assumes responsibility for positioning and new growth opportunities
- Accountable for maintaining positive customer relationship, fostering, and enhancing relationship management with open, honest, and effective communications
- Act as a “seller-doer”, develop opportunities, presentations, proposals, present, build and maintain relationships with customers through work execution
- Work with leadership and peers to improve delivery performance and maximize delivery opportunities throughout wider business where required
- Understand customer needs beyond the immediate scope and introducing other Wood services to the Customer to grow the overall scope for Wood and add value to the Customer/Asset
- Ownership of HSSEA matters across customer contract(s): ensure HSSEA values are always delivered and adhered to, continuously influencing and personally role modelling safety behavioral values
- Be a champion and role model for ethical behavior and compliance with applicable laws and policies
- Maintain personal competency, expertise and certification in OT Cybersecurity standards, practices, and technology; inform the organization, provide training on identified trends
- Support recruitment, selection, and development of talent, ensuring effective performance and capability management, acting as a coach/mentor, and encouraging and supporting open and effective communication to optimize delivery of objectives, maximize team performance and achieve continuous performance improvement
- Role will have about 5% travel which could expand to 25% travel depending on location/opportunities
- Currently located in domestic US with the ability to obtain required security clearances
Skills / Qualifications
- Computer Science and/or Engineering Degree (bachelors or masters) in relevant discipline
- One or more cybersecurity certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC, ISA99/IEC-62443 Cybersecurity, Exida Automation Cybersecurity. Multiple certifications a plus
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- 10+ years of experience in Industrial Information Systems, preferably in the Oil & Gas, Refining & Chemicals, Mining & Mineral Processing, Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences industry verticals
- Understand client needs and value drivers to develop customized solutions, strategies and scopes of work
- Recognized SME in the eyes of the client – able to command respect for cyber-security knowledge and experience in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Demonstrated experience IT/OT cybersecurity management systems, risk assessments, risk mitigation as well as application of reference architectures and frameworks in an industrial automation environment
- Hands-on experience specifying, selecting, and implementing industrial firewalls, backup and recovery solutions as well as deploying security solutions, network capture and analysis, patch updates
- Hands-on experience configuring and deploying industry leading switch, router, firewall and network equipment. Certifications from Cisco, Juniper Networks, Palo Alto Networks
- Proven track record successfully securing industrial automation projects
- Executed industrial projects as a Project Lead or Systems & Networks SME in Consulting or Project delivery scopes
- Exposure to different control system vendors and industrial networking equipment
- Work self-directed making own decisions and organizing own work with minimal guidance and supervision
- CUSTOMER-FOCUSED – builds profitable solutions based on customer insights
- ENSURES ACCOUNTABILITY – Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- ENTERPRISE EXECUTION – Builds and coordinates organizational capabilities to provide rapid, versatile, and targeted service to an array of customers
- STRATEGIC – Sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies
- Collaborative – establishes rapport with internal and external stakeholders within matrixed, diverse and international organizations
- Adaptable – adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
- Action oriented – takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Outgoing – finds it easy and enjoyable to connect with people and speak publicly
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 00:35:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!