Job title: Cybersecurity Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Company: Logistics Management Institute
Job description: Overview
LMI is seeking a cybersecurity senior expert and consultant to advise on the development and integration of cybersecurity and testing practices for technologies used by first responders. Applicants must show demonstrated cyber/IT related experience in operations, strategic planning, project management, and technical SME customer interactions. Candidates must have the ability to obtain a government security clearance.
This is a full-time position located in New York, NY.
LMI: Innovation at the Pace of Need™
At LMI, we’re reimagining the path from insight to outcome at The New Speed of Possible™. Combining a legacy of over 60 years of federal expertise with our innovation ecosystem, we minimize time to value and accelerate mission success. We energize the brightest minds with emerging technologies to inspire creative solutioning and push the boundaries of capability. LMI advances the pace of progress, enabling our customers to thrive while adapting to evolving mission needs.
- Provide technical advice and practical guidance on cybersecurity of first responder technologies.
- Develop a series of products that explore cybersecurity vulnerabilities, risks, and trade-offs, in first responder relevant terms, of connected technologies and their associated impacts to their mission, including but not limited to the following products:
- Rapid Risk Assessment Form: allows public safety agencies to better assess technology vendors’ and/or products’ cybersecurity posture.
- Integrated Incident Response Plan Template: for both incident commanders and cybersecurity specialist.
- Best Practices for Fielded Connected Devices: considerations and options that account for public safety operational needs
- Conduct vulnerability assessments and third party reviews of connected devices and planned or installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs. Technology/devices are selected based on: Proliferation, Priority, Impact, and Demand.
- Oversee risk analysis, feasibility studies, and/or trade-off analysis to develop, document, and refine a cybersecurity program.
- Consult with customers to gather and evaluate functional requirements and translate requirements into technical solutions.
- Provide solutions which first responders can implement to reduce cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
- Catalogue existing tools used to identify and mitigate cybersecurity vulnerabilities for different technology areas.
- Promote awareness of cyber policy and strategy as appropriate and ensure sound principles are reflected in the organization’s mission, vision, and goals.
- Develop interim and final products in formats useful to customers, to include written reports, briefings, quick look analyses, checklists and guides, among other related documentation.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software and Systems Engineering, or other STEM field of study.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in IT Security, RF Security and/or cybersecurity mission related work
- Occasional travel required to various test sites
- Ability to pass a DHS background investigation
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
- Proficiency with the use of penetration testing hardware and software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate in team environments and with internal and external customers
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong team player with customer-focused attitude
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability to leverage best practices and lessons learned of state and local government organizations dealing with cyber issues.
- Familiarity with applicable laws, statutes, Presidential Directives, and executive branch guidelines related to cyber.
- Understanding of the trade-offs between cybersecurity best practices and operational impact for front line first responders.
- Solid working knowledge of system engineering and system architecture principles, or RF Security (i.e., integrating and testing RF and digital components)
- Experience serving as a technical mentor to DHS employees in cybersecurity roles and end-user operators in the field.
- Experience utilizing cutting-edge knowledge of computer hardware, software, and networks to conduct cybersecurity activities and tasks, including but not limited to:
- Network Security Monitoring Tools
- Encryption Tools
- Web Vulnerability Scanning Tools
- Penetration Testing Tools
- Network Intrusion Detection Tools
- Virus Scanning Tools
- Firewall Tools
- Managed detection services
- Desired certifications, such as:
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- CompTIA PenTest+
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- CompTIA CySA+ Certification
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Location: New York
Job date: Fri, 03 Nov 2023 02:22:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!