Job title: Senior OT Automation Engineer – Cybersecurity Discipline Leader
Company: CDM Smith
Job description: Requisition ID
If you are a senior automation engineer with a cybersecurity focus and a desire to grow a discipline, this could be a great fit!
CDM Smith is seeking a Senior Operational Technology (OT) Automation Engineer for a Discipline Leader role with a focus on cybersecurity to provide oversight and guidance on basic to highly complex assessments, design, configuration, training, and start-up of OT industrial control networks preferably in the water/wastewater municipal market space.
This is a U.S.-based technical and sales role. The discipline leader is responsible for the strategic growth of the firm’s portfolio in the cybersecurity market. We are searching for a thought leader who is confident with clients, understands large-scale federal projects, seeks innovative approaches to solve challenges, and encourages employees to expand their expertise. The discipline leader will collaborate with our sales teams in the client service business to identify and showcase our technical differentiators to drive growth.
CDM Smith is one of the world’s top design, program management, and construction management firms, providing innovative and creative solutions for our clients and assisting them in achieving successful outcomes on their water, infrastructure, environmental, and transportation programs.
This position can be based out of any CDM Smith U.S.-based office. We offer a hybrid work environment, allowing for working in the office and remotely from home.
As the discipline leader and a contributor to CDM Smith’s transformational growth, you will:
- Position us ahead of challenges recognized in the marketplace, including pre-positioning for pursuits by identifying and showcasing our technical differentiators.
- Provide senior-level expertise for current and future automation projects.
- Recruit, retain, and mentor the best and brightest technical employees.
- Anticipate, identify, and adopt new technologies that help our clients solve challenges.
- Collaborate with other discipline leaders in the practice to cultivate innovative solutions, technologies, and research and development projects.
- Embrace continuous improvement, drive a culture of quality, and meet commitments for sustained success.
- Grow the firm’s reputation as a subject matter expert in cybersecurity and OT work through publications, presentations, and conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, or in Engineering Technology or related discipline. Professional engineering (PE) license.
- 12 years of related experience.
Equivalent additionally directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification.
Why CDM Smith?
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required
Visa Sponsorship Available
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities
- Expert knowledge in cybersecurity principles, including threat detection, vulnerability management, and incident response, specific to industrial environments.
- Expert knowledge of OT network experience.
- Excellent communication and client relation skills.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Expert knowledge of network architecture segmentation design practices.
- Ability to assess legacy OT systems and develop alternatives and recommendations for improvement, migration, or replacement based on criticality and risk.
- Proficiency in understanding and configuring various types of industrial control systems (ICS), such as supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) and distributed control systems (DCS).
- Understanding of network protocols, architecture, and configuration, including knowledge of protocols like Modbus, DNP3, and OPC.
- Understanding of programming languages such as ladder logic, Structured Text, or C/C++ for programming PLCs (programmable logic controllers) and other industrial devices.
- Ability to integrate various components of industrial systems, ensuring seamless communication between different devices and platforms.
- Skilled in diagnosing and resolving issues in industrial system networks, identifying faults, and implementing effective solutions.
- Familiarity with processes, equipment, and instrumentation to understand how technology interfaces with the physical components of a water/wastewater system.
- Knowledge of risk assessment methodologies and the ability to assess and mitigate risks associated with OT systems.
- Understanding of industry-specific regulations and standards, such as NIST, IEC, and ISA, and ensuring compliance with these regulations.
- Strong documentation skills to maintain accurate records of system configurations, changes, and issues for future reference.
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams, present technical information to non-technical stakeholders, and provide training to end-users.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and evolving security threats in the rapidly changing field of OT.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
All bonuses at CDM Smith are discretionary and may or may not apply to this position.
Job date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 02:02:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!