Job title: Principal Cybersecurity Engineer – SIEM/EDR
Company: Fairview Health Services
Job description: Job Description:
Fairview Health Services is seeking a Principal Cybersecurity Engineer to join our Cloud Security team! Our Principal Engineer provides technical leadership to craft, build, deploy and support high level Cybersecurity and Risk management tools and help drive Cybersecurity for M Health Fairview. This role will be principal subject matter in one or more Cybersecurity functional areas – such as Cloud Migration, Cloud Security, DevOps Engineering, Cloud Security Access Broker, API Security, AWS/GCP/Azure cloud workload migration, instance provisioning/de-provisioning, automation of roles. This Principal Engineer will lead Engineers, analysts, domain authorities and collaborate with multiple technical and business teams to craft and build usable, stable and scalable solutions.
This hybrid position is full time (1.0 FTE, 80 hours/2 weeks). Are you interested in ? We offer medical, dental insurance, PTO, 401k/403b, and more!
- Be a technical leader to help transform legacy IT and business systems and provide mentorship to other teams and team members to securely systems helping minimize risk.
- Help improve policies, procedures, standards for Cybersecurity groups and develop blueprint for existing security to meet evolving business needs.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture and Security Architects, principal engineers to brainstorm, design and develop frameworks aligning with NIST CSF standards.
- Provide technical leadership in driving Zero Trust Security approach and preparing the organization and technical teams to build up on foundational elements of Identity, Devices, Networks, Applications and Data.
- Understands authentication, authorization, network security, data, system device and Operating Systems, coding principles, development methodologies, web/mobile applications, use of public/private networks, devices and applications hosted in cloud environments.
- Analyze risk and prioritization of vulnerability remediation using MITRE/ ATT&CK within the greater context of assets and the control stack
- Lead projects related to Cybersecurity Engineering, automation, risk management, compliance, threat management areas, and RED/BLUE/PURPLE teams as needed to test security controls and help improve security posture.
- Support improvement, efficiency gains and innovative thinking. Adapt change and demonstrate flexibility in taking up and fulfilling other duties as assigned.
- Participate and lead/represent M Health Fairview in industry forums and relevant technical briefings to understand advancements.
- Ensure that production platform in AWS/Azure have been hardened as per industry standards e.g. CIS benchmarks
- Deploy security tools with cloud workloads and integrate into cloud SIEM solutions
- Collaborate with senior management, department leaders, engineering leaders, and DevOps to help build cloud security automation into their pipelines to assess near- and long-term cloud security needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology Information Systems, Engineering, or related technical field or combination of experience/education. (Degree preferred.)
- 15+ years of cumulative experience in architecture, design, customization/ development and/or support of IT Systems
- 7+ years of shown experience in customization, deployment and support of Cybersecurity tools and technologies
- Excellent understanding of fundamentals, frameworks, development methodologies, network, firewalls, communication layers, devices/end points, computing environment
- Deeper understanding of Threats, Threat Modeling, Security Vulnerabilities, Risk, Cybersecurity frameworks, policies and Cybersecurity standards
- Experience working crafting and/or engineering Web, Mobile, Cloud hosted Applications, software security, security frameworks, and implementing projects in agile/SecDevOps models
- Ability to author and edit scripts such as PowerShell, Python and domain expertise and knowledge of REST API and JSON batching and workflow automation
- Prior experience in workload migration to cloud, application re-factoring, cloud capacity management, cloud broker, vulnerability management
- Technical certifications in any of the fields – Security technologies & tools, Development methodologies and frameworks, Cloud and Mobile applications
- Industry recognized professional certifications – Security+, TOGAF, SANS, CISSP, CISM, CISA
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled: All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Job date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 03:47:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!