Job title: EPASS HBB.0249 Cybersecurity Engineer (Principal)
Company: Torch Technologies, Inc
Attention Safari users: This site requires cookies to function. Please click to accept the cookie. Cookies will be used strictly for the functioning of the site.
EPASS HBB.0249 Cybersecurity Engineer (Principal) – (5424)
This details all the information about the job posting.
Share this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Torch Technologies. We are a 100% employee-owned, Certified Great Place To Work and named Best Places to Work in Huntsville/Madison County and headquartered in Huntsville, AL with over 1200 employee-owners. Our team provides superior research, development, and engineering services to the Federal Government and Department of Defense. As one of the nation’s top 100 defense companies, the services we provide directly support the men and women who serve our country. Our corporate mission sums up the pride our employee-owners take in the work we do: “Lighting the Pathway of Freedom”. And, as a Certified Evergreen ESOP, we have made the commitment to grow and sustain our company for the next 100 years! Come grow with us!
EPASS HBB.0249 Cybersecurity Engineer (Principal)
Massachusetts – Hanscom AFB – Hanscom, MA 01731 US (Primary)
Torch Technologies is seeking a Principal Cybersecurity Engineer to join a team providing support to the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC/HBB), Operation Command & Control Division (Kessel Run). The Operation Command & Control Division manages efforts focused on Modeling and Simulation, Air Operations Centers, Kessel Run All Domain Operations Suite, and the Theater Battle Management Core Systems (TBMSC) Force Level. This is a full-time position located at Hanscom Air Force Base in Bedford, Massachusetts. This position supports the EPASS HB contract, within the Air Force Weapons business group.
This position requires a highly motivated individual with experience in cybersecurity. Essential duties include, but not limited to:
- Assist with development of System Security Management Plans, Program Protection Plans, Security Risk Analyses, OPSEC Plans, Computer Certification and Accreditation, Security Vulnerability and Countermeasures Analyses, Security Concepts of Operations, and other system security engineering-related documents identified in MIL-STD 1785, DoDI 5000.02, Operation of the Adaptive Acquisition Framework, and DoDI 8510.01
- Support the system/application Authorization and Accreditation (A&A) effort to include assessing and guiding the quality and completeness of A&A activities, tasks and resulting artifacts mandated by governing DoD and Air Force policies (i.e., Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Update, monitor, and manage information in systems for the program office
- Process and manage system user account requests and process tools
- Process and manage system port/protocol and access control list requirements
- Process and manage system Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) identification and authorization requirements
- Manage the distribution, implementation, remediation, and tracking of system security updates and configurations as required by the DoD
- Recommend policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data
- Conduct risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risk, and protection needs
- Promote awareness of security issues among management and ensuring sound security principles are reflected in organizations’ vision and goals
- Conduct systems security evaluations, audits and reviews
- Recommend systems security contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures
- Recommend and implementing programs to ensure that systems, network, and data users are aware of, understand, and adhere to systems security policies and procedures
- Participate in network and systems design to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies
- Recommend initial, or updates to, software and configurations to new or existing system security mechanisms
- Obtain waivers to mandated security mechanisms/policies which would be detrimental to system performance and impact the system’s mission
- Facilitate the gathering, analysis and preservation of evidence used in the prosecution of computer
- Provide leadership assistance in the analysis of the design, development, integration, implementation and testing of cybersecurity requirements
- Develop risk-based strategies to address identified gaps
- Review, analyze, and assess implementations of cybersecurity (i.e. RMF security controls) throughout the open systems architecture and associated services, derived requirements specifications, design documents & design implementation
- Collaborate with stakeholders (Government and commercial) to ensure the system is approved by all Authorizing Officials via the RMF A&A process
- Provide technical advice in the area of systems security across all systems and supports
- Develop recommendations for the Government regarding how well designs satisfy current requirements and business goals
- Maintain databases that reflect receipt, storage, inventory, and disposition of classified information to include data entry, updates, and generation of reports
- Support Government program office in audits of Government classified holdings to ensure proper accountability
- Maintain databases of classified visits and clearance levels
- Perform inspection, inventory, logging, storage, documentation, transmittal and internal distribution of classified information received
- Evaluate Contractor classified data submittals for compliance with the appropriate System Security Classification Guide (SSCG)
- Provide security inspection and protection to areas where classified information is being stored, and develop and establish security procedures and policies IAW DOD, USAF, AFMC, and local directives
- Develop training and provide security awareness and other security education programs
- Review and verify personnel qualifications for access to special access programs
- Develop, implement and maintain a communications security program
- Assess program disclosure issues and provide FMS case management support
- Assist and advise FMS program office management and leadership in interfacing with FMS customers and all USG organizations, including but not limited to SAF/IA, Air Force Security Assistance Center (AFSAC), Air Force Security Assistance Training (AFSAT) squadron, Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS)
- Support execution of all aspects of acquisition program security throughout a program’s lifecycle
- Assist with development of sound security practices and policies regarding acquisition, physical, personnel and documentation security
- Update security classification guides
- Prepare acquisition security related sections of acquisition program documentation
- Review Contractor deliverables to ensure compliance with CDRLs
- Plan and implement security-related surveys, assessments, and studies
- Evaluate program security information and hardware throughout the program life cycle, to include studies, analyses, plans, procedures, production, test plans/results, transportation, technology, and storage of end items
- Provide security support to source selections
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and 25 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 15 years of which must be in the DoD OR,
- Master’s or Doctorate Degree in a related field and at least 20 years of experience in the respective technical / professional discipline being performed, 12 years of which must be in the DoD.
Security Clearance: Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret DoD clearance; US Citizenship required
Certifications: Must have current CISSP certification
– Understanding of cybersecurity in DoD cloud infrastructure
– Understanding of Agile methods, including CI/CD, DevSecOps, and DevOps
– Possess the ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal forms on highly technical topics
U.S. Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Job Type: (Regular Full-time)
Security Clearance: (Top Secret)
Schedule: (M-F; 8-5)
Work Location: (customer site)
Travel: (yes, TBD)
Relocation Assistance Available: (possible)
Position Contingent Upon Award of Contract: (No)
Torch Technologies is proud to offer a stable and professional work environment, a competitive salary, and an excellent, comprehensive benefit package including: ESOP participation, 401(k) match and safe-harbor contribution, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, Health Saving Accounts and Health Reimbursement Accounts, EAP, education assistance, paid time off, and holidays.
Applying to Torch Technologies:
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Employment at Torch Technologies is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check.
Torch Technologies is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://torchtechnologies.hua.hrsmart.com/ats as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to HR@torchtechnologies.com. Thank you for your interest in Torch Technologies.
Job date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 03:49:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!