Job title: EPASS GBS.057 ISSO/Cybersecurity (Journeyman)
Company: Torch Technologies, Inc
Attention Safari users: This site requires cookies to function. Please click to accept the cookie. Cookies will be used strictly for the functioning of the site.
EPASS GBS.057 ISSO/Cybersecurity (Journeyman) – (5524)
This details all the information about the job posting.
Share this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Torch Technologies. We are a 100% employee-owned, Certified Great Place To Work and named Best Places to Work in Huntsville/Madison County and headquartered in Huntsville, AL with over 1200 employee-owners. Our team provides superior research, development, and engineering services to the Federal Government and Department of Defense. As one of the nation’s top 100 defense companies, the services we provide directly support the men and women who serve our country. Our corporate mission sums up the pride our employee-owners take in the work we do: “Lighting the Pathway of Freedom”. And, as a Certified Evergreen ESOP, we have made the commitment to grow and sustain our company for the next 100 years! Come grow with us!
EPASS GBS.057 ISSO/Cybersecurity (Journeyman)
Alabama – Gunter Maxwell – Montgomery, AL US (Primary)
Torch Technologies is seeking an Information Systems Security Officer (Cybersecurity Journeyman) to join our EPASS GB contract effort/cybersecurity team at Maxwell Gunter AFB, AL. This position supports the GBS Transportation Systems portfolio of CMOS, OLVIMS and MARKS.
This position requires a highly motivated individual with experience in cybersecurity. The ISSO is responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for the assigned IT. This includes the following related to maintaining situational awareness and initiating actions to improve or restore cybersecurity posture:
- Implements and enforce all AF cybersecurity policies, procedures, and countermeasures;
- Completes and maintains required cybersecurity certification IAW AFMAN 17-1303;
- Ensures all users have the requisite security clearances and need-to-know, complete annual cybersecurity training, and are aware of their responsibilities before being granted access to the IT according to AFMAN 17-1301;
- Maintains all authorized user access control documentation IAW the applicable AF Records Information Management System;
- Ensures software, hardware, and firmware complies with appropriate security configuration guidelines, e.g., security technical implementation guides/security requirement guides;
- Ensures proper configuration management procedures are followed prior to implementation and contingent upon necessary approval;
- Coordinate changes or modifications with the system-level ISSM, SCA, and/or the Wing Cybersecurity office;
- Initiates protective or corrective measures, in coordination with the ISSM, when a security incident or vulnerability is discovered;
- Reports security incidents or vulnerabilities to the system-level ISSM and wing cybersecurity office according to AFI 17-203, Cyber Incident Handling; and,
- Initiates exceptions, deviations, or waivers to cybersecurity requirements.
- Education: Bachelor’s or master’s Degree in a related field and at least three years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, three of which must be in the DoD; OR, seven years of directly related experience with proper certifications as described in the PWS labor category performance requirements, five of which must be in the DoD.
- Specific Work Experience: Risk Management Framework, eMASS, Authority to Operate, provide the PMO/Capability Development Manager (CDM) cybersecurity support per DoDI 8500.01. Support includes assessing and continuously monitoring cybersecurity risk ensuring that legacy and new capabilities adhere to enterprise standards such as Risk Management Framework (RMF), Cybersecurity Framework (CSF), and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and per Authorization Official’s Information System’s Continuous Monitoring (ISCM) strategy
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- The ISSO is required to hold and maintain an IAT/IAM level II certification.
U.S. Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Job Type: Full time
Security Clearance: Tier 3/Secret
Schedule: (M-F; 8-5)
Work Location: Maxwell Air Force Base Gunter Annex
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Position Contingent Upon Award of Contract: No
Torch Technologies is proud to offer a stable and professional work environment, a competitive salary, and an excellent, comprehensive benefit package including: ESOP participation, 401(k) match and safe-harbor contribution, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, Health Saving Accounts and Health Reimbursement Accounts, EAP, education assistance, paid time off, and holidays.
Applying to Torch Technologies:
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Employment at Torch Technologies is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check.
Torch Technologies is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://torchtechnologies.hua.hrsmart.com/ats as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to HR@torchtechnologies.com. Thank you for your interest in Torch Technologies.
Location: Montgomery, AL
Job date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 03:38:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!