Job title: Cybersecurity Engineer – Endpoint Engineer II
Job description: ECS is seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer – Endpoint Engineer II to work in our Fairfax, VA office, or remote.
As a leading provider of managed cybersecurity services, ECS provides a highly tailored and customized offering to each customer. Our team is responsible for protecting both our customers and corporate environment at ECS. Our mission is very broad and our team is agile. We will look toward your unique skills to approach and solve problems in your own way. Whether engineering a system to address a technical hurdle, protecting customer data, or consulting on a wide range of security topics. You are empowered to engage and lead across multiple groups.
This role of a Cybersecurity Endpoint Engineer will support ECS’s internal Cybersecurity program and Commercial Managed Cybersecurity Service Practice. In this technical, hands-on role you will be responsible for successful operation of a variety of cybersecurity tools. You will also support written technical deliverables for our customers and building new capabilities.
- Hands on configuration, tuning, and operating of several Cybersecurity tools from vendors such as Trellix, CrowdStrike, and Zscaler.
- Lead planning and implementation of related technologies in multiple environments.
- Operate endpoint and network security tools for internal use and customer environments that reside on premises and in the cloud.
- Provide administration and operationally support adopted endpoint security technology covering EDR (Endpoint Detection and Response) and Next-Gen Anti-virus solution
- Assist with the architectural design of endpoint solutions within internal and customer environments
- Support investigations and contribute to large and small-scale cyber breaches.
- Understand and follow proper escalation paths for incidents and/or tasking, as necessary.
- Understand the business need of web security and be able to brief customer on its importance and implementation requirements.
- Deployment and maintenance of web security and endpoint applications.
- Document, maintain, and improve standard operation procedures (SOPs) and processes regarding web security and endpoint management.
- Stay current on web security and endpoint security best practices, active threats and mitigation strategies.
- Participation in on call rotation as assigned.
- Consistently create, tune, review and analyze policies.
- Leading, guiding, designing, and developing security strategies and solutions for cybersecurity across a hybrid, multi-cloud environment.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in cybersecurity, cloud and or infrastructure.
- Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible experience designing and managing endpoints and endpoint management solutions
- Passion for technology, teamwork, overcoming challenges and providing exceptional customer service
- Strong prioritization, problem solving, diagnosis and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of operating system (OS) internals, the mechanics of OS exploits with preventive and detective controls
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with trouble ticketing systems such as ITSM/Remedy, Cherwell, ServiceNow, etc
- Must be willing and able to obtain and maintain a US Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in computer related field. In lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Must be willing and able to travel to support customer meetings and initiatives.
- Experience with industry leading web security and endpoint protection products/capabilities, such as: Trellix, Zscaler, CrowdStrike
- Knowledge of web security and endpoint protection related policies.
- Experience applying technical web security controls to address corporate security requirements.
- Linux and Windows expertise
- System engineering / administration
- Cloud workload experience (Amazon Web Services, Azure)
- Functional experience with APIs
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3800+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
Location: Fairfax, VA
Job date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 02:12:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!