Job title: Staff Cybersecurity Engineer
Job description: Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
WORKING AT ABBOTT
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career of your dreams.
- An excellent retirement savings plan with generous employer contributions.
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As part of the R&D organization, the Staff Cybersecurity Engineer will provide leadership in the development of innovative system that is redefining the standard of care. This role will serve on a vibrant, high-performing development team that is based out of the Minneapolis/St. Paul area within the Structural Heart division.
Key workstreams may include:
- Develop overarching cybersecurity strategy tailored to meet global regulatory requirements within the context of early-feasibility studies, clinical trials and commercial launch.
- Implement core principles of security-by-design, working across a multidisciplinary engineering team at both architectural and detail design.
- Lead security use-case definition, data flow analyses, threat modeling, cybersecurity risk assessments, SOUP security analysis, OTS software security analysis, pen testing, etc.
- Define, document and test cybersecurity requirements.
- Define, document and ensure appropriate manufacturing controls are implemented.
- In partnership with Design Quality other SME’s across Abbott, oversee and consult on-going Quality System changes that implement regulatory cybersecurity requirements and guidance.
- Manage product security assets in accordance with Abbott’s corporate policies and procedures.
- Perform vulnerability management, vulnerability intake, and be able to understand and report on emerging cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities to a cross-functional team.
- Configure, deploy and sustain operational security of 3rd party cloud services providers
- As needed, interact with regulatory authorities, auditors, and IT administrators; write technical explanations of cybersecurity features and controls for regulatory submissions and end-users.
- 8+ years related experience with bachelor’s degree in engineering or science.
- 6+ years related experience with MS or PhD in engineering and science.
- Ability to understand, interpret and analyze modern programming languages and frameworks (e.g., C, C#, C++, Python, Java, .NET, Python and/or Bash).
- OS / systems-level experience with Linux distributions such as Ubuntu or Yocto.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and a data-driven mindset.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to address areas of ambiguity, both from a product design and development process standpoint.
- Familiarity with hardening of bare-metal embedded systems.
- Programming skills in modern programming languages and frameworks.
- Experienced in the contiguous phases of medical device development: from early feasibility and VOC through development, test, commercial launch, and post-market support.
- Familiarity with cloud systems/security buildout and on-going operations monitoring.
- Experience in the use / deployment of a requirements management environment, such as DOORS, JAMA or Cognition Cockpit.
- Familiarity with common cybersecurity frameworks such as NIST, ISO 27001, EU DPD, HIPAA/HITECH.
- CISSP Certification.
- Familiarity with defect tracking systems such as JIRA.
- Familiarity with repositories such as GIT and BitBucket.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity. Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
The base pay for this position is $90,700.00 – $181,300.00
In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
JOB FAMILY: Product Development
DIVISION: SH Structural Heart
LOCATION: United States
Plymouth : 5050 Nathan Lane N
WORK SHIFT: Standard
TRAVEL: Yes, 5 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE: Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link – English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link – Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Expected salary: $90700 – 181300 per year
Location: Plymouth, MN
Job date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 22:17:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!