Job title: Sr. Cybersecurity Analyst – Remote
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Job description: Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
As a Sr. Cybersecurity Analyst, you will be responsible for the daily management, administration, and maintenance of activities in support of Optum’s client’s perimeter security. You will be responsible for developing and implementing information security policies, standards, and procedures to secure the perimeter and data residing on client’s systems. You will work directly with user departments to implement procedures and systems for the protection, conservation, and accountability of proprietary, personal and/or privileged electronic data. You will be a key member of a team of IT security professionals.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and implement information security policies, standards, and procedures to secure and protect the client’s perimeter and all contained information assets
- Manage and maintain perimeter security solutions to provide effective protection on border defenses, including Firewalls, VPN security, DMZ security, Proxy Services and remote access against internal and external threats
- Perform restorative and responsive actions through advanced technical skills, triage, analysis, response and remediation for security incident issues
- Work directly with user departments to implement procedures and systems for the protection, conservation, and accountability of proprietary, personal, or privileged electronic data
- Provide subject matter expertise and direct collaboration with other IT security professionals
- Ensure alignment of security policies/standards with IT infrastructure frameworks (e.g., ISO 2700x, NIST, ITIL)
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them
- Serve as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
- Solve complex problems and develop innovative solutions
- Perform complex conceptual analyses
- Review work performed by others and provide recommendations for improvement
- Forecast and plan resource requirements
- Identify risks and deviations from standards
- May lead functional or segment teams or projects
- Provide explanations and information to others on the most complex issues
- Motivate and inspire other team members
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years working in an Information Security or Information Security Operations teams
- Experience with perimeter security and border protection technology, management, and monitoring tools. Tools could include Firewalls, VPN security, DMZ security, Proxy Services, IDS/IPS and remote access among other technologies
- Experience with Firewall reviews and tunning
- Experience with infrastructure implementations, management, and operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of data security/protection principles (e.g., data classification, data loss prevention, data in transit, data in process, data at rest)
- Demonstrated knowledge of authentication/authorization/access mechanisms (e.g., SSO, SAML, active directory, LDAP)
- Experience in dealing with external vendors and suppliers within the perimeter security industry
- Healthcare IT security experience
- Financial IT security experience
- Knowledge of applicable laws/regulatory controls related to IT security (e.g., HIPAA, ARRA, SOX)
- Working knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) to identify industry standards and procedures for Incident, Problem, Change and Knowledge as required
- Familiarity with the following:
- FireEye, Wildfire, FirePower
- Splunk, Azure Sentinel
- Azure Security Center
- QualysGuard, Rapid7, Nessus, or similar vulnerability management solutions
- CyberArk, Thycotic
- DLP solutions
- Fortigate Solutions
- Industry Standards ISO 2700x, HITRUST CSF, NIST CSF, PCI
- Network Access Controls
- AV Solutions
- Proven ability to engage as a thought leader with all levels of the organization stay clam under pressure and maintain the credibility of the clients in the perimeter security team
- Demonstrated analytical skills to investigate, analyze and remediate common and complex infrastructure and end-user security incidents
- Proven effective writing skills to provide clear and precise language suitable for the target audience
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Expected salary: $85000 – 167300 per year
Location: Plymouth, MN
Job date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 22:21:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!