Job title: Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Job description: Job Title: Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Location: West Hartford, CT
Pay: $90,000 – $140,000 (DOE)
Area Code: 860
Zip Code: 06110
Start Date: ASAP
Keywords: #softwareengineer, #aerospace, #manufacturing, #cybersecurity
A Cybersecurity Software Engineer job in West Hartford, CT is currently accepting applications. This is a direct hire position with our key aerospace client. In this role, you will work closely with the product development team to support software and electronics program development and ensure that the system security satisfies customer requirements, including determining the required security tools needed to support the requirements. The engineer will be engaged in the full life-cycle development (plan, design, verify, certify) of embedded software for complex control systems certified to RTCA DO-178 (software level A to E). To be considered for this role, you will need a B.S. Degree in Engineering or Computer Science, along with 5+ years of relevant work experience.
Cybersecurity Software Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Decompose customer security requirements into software cybersecurity requirements
- Architect software cybersecurity features into a real-time safety critical embedded control system
- Provide cybersecurity implementation guidance and oversight to the integrated product team members
- Implement cybersecurity features in software interfacing directly with hardware components and at an application level including protection of data at rest and in transit
- Participate in vulnerability and threat assessments, applying risk assessment guidelines to mitigate security risks
- Develop and document technical standard engineering processes and procedures as needed
Cybersecurity Software Engineer Basic Qualifications:
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science or Aerospace Engineering
- Must have 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience developing software in C
- Experience with implementing cybersecurity capabilities leveraging features/components including any of the following:
o Secure boot (in real time systems)
o Cryptographic accelerators for AES, RSA, or SHA
o Trusted Execution Environments (TEEs)
o Trusted Platform Modules (TPMs)
o Hardware Security Modules (HSMs)
o DTLS / TLS for various communication standards including Ethernet
o Secure user authentication and privilege management in embedded systems.
o Familiarity with DO-326 Airworthiness Security Process.
o Programming and Data Loading in a Secure environment
Cybersecurity Software Engineer Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience developing software to meet DO-178 or similar industry standards
- Knowledge of most aspects of the software life cycle process including planning, decomposition of system requirements to high level software requirements, low level requirements, architecture, code, verification, and certification
- IASAE level 2 certified
- Experience with software integration and testing
- Experience in agile-based software development methodologies
- Knowledge of software architectures and security architectures
- Experience in cybersecurity technology solution planning, engineering, and deployment
If you are interested in this Cybersecurity Software Engineer job in West Hartford, CT, please apply via the ‘apply now’ link provided.
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world’s most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.
Expected salary: $90000 – 140000 per year
Location: West Hartford, CT
Job date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 22:21:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!