Job title: Cybersecurity Non-Tenure-Track Faculty
Company: Southern Utah University
Job description: Job Description:
The Department of Computer Science and Cybersecurity at Southern Utah University invites applications for a full-time open rank non-tenure-track (NTT) faculty position to begin August 2024 or January 2024. The candidate must hold a Master’s or a Ph.D. in Cybersecurity or a related field. The successful candidate will have a strong commitment and ability to teach at the undergraduate level. Graduate students with teaching experience or a strong desire to teach are encouraged to apply. Position includes benefits that may include relocation expenses to hired candidates for on-site employment.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Date of first consideration: 11/23/2023
Duties and Responsibilities: * Primary responsibilities include teaching a variety of cybersecurity courses, both in-person and online, in a student-centered environment. Most teaching will be at the undergraduate level, but opportunities to teach graduate courses may occasionally exist.
- Ability to teach general Information Technology and/or Computer Science courses in addition to Cybersecurity is a plus.
- Main course load will involve teaching cybersecurity courses, including system security fundamentals, defensive security, penetration testing, information assurance, and other scripting or IT courses as needed.
- Additional teaching responsibilities include the development and use of effective teaching strategies and curriculum development.
- Service activities include active participation and collaboration with the department to enhance a robust Cybersecurity curriculum based upon industry standards as communicated by an Industry Advisory Board (IAB), participation in and support of the continuance of the program accreditation within the Department, and other committee work within the department, college, and/or university.
- Non-tenure-track faculty teach 30 credits per year (5 undergraduate courses per semester).
Education and Experience Requirements: * Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Cybersecurity or a related field.
- Commitment and ability to deliver quality teaching.
- Effective communication and ability to interact positively with faculty, staff, and students.
Documents Needed to Apply:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Southern Utah University does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex (including sex discrimination and sexual harassment), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, disability status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, military status, veteran status, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services.
Inquiries about the application of Title IX and its regulations may be referred to the Director of Equal Opportunity, who serves as the Title IX Coordinator, at email@example.com, to the Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, or both. SUU Policy 5.60, Sexual Misconduct that implements Title IX is here.
For inquiries about the application of this non-discrimination statement and/or the nondiscrimination policies (SUU Policy 5.27 & SUU Policy 5.60), please contact the Director of Equal Opportunity at firstname.lastname@example.org. The ADA Coordinator within Human Resources may be contacted with disability accommodation requests for employees and visitors at email@example.com. The Deputy ADA Coordinator for students is the Director, Disability Resource Center, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Location: Cedar City, UT
Job date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 22:32:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!