Job title: Cybersecurity Engagement Director – Industrial Managed Security Services – 1898 & Co. (Multiple Locations)
Company: Burns & McDonnell
Job description: 1898 & Co. is seeking an energetic, accomplished business development and sales leader with demonstrated success selling innovative cybersecurity solutions and services for clients in the critical infrastructure space. The Engagement Manager for Industrial Managed Security Services role is the leading business development and sales resource for the 1898 & Co. Security & Risk Consulting for Managed Security Services. You will be responsible for developing and/or aligning with go-to-market strategies for new and existing market segments and will develop and/or align to channel strategies with partners in collaboration with Security & Risk consulting business line leads, Director of Business Development & Sales, Director of Operations, and the Managing Director. You will also be responsible for setting a strategy aligned with market dynamics, identifying new business opportunities, and leading the pursuit and engagement process for major clients, programs, and projects. This position is a client-facing, subject matter expert in their field.
The ideal candidate will have an extensive background in consulting, industrial cybersecurity business development, sales, and managing client success. In addition, the candidate will be highly adept at demonstrating how our services and solutions address client pain points, capture critical win components from the client, and drive the development of a winning proposal. Given the landscape in which we work, a solid background in Digitalization, Operational Technology, Utilities, Energy (oil & gas), Chemicals, Water, and other critical infrastructure sectors is key. This role will be highly engaged with driving targeted conversations around industry challenges, understanding our clients’ needs, and leveraging services and solutions from within the Security & Risk Consulting portfolio to empower organizations to enable cyber resiliency, manage risk better, drive more efficient operations, etc.
- Effectively present Managed Security Services offerings to prospects and existing clients virtually and in person.
- Lead clients through the full sales process while engaging others in the business unit to support as needed.
- Target specific clients identified along with identifying specific clients’ target penetration strategy
- Follow through on quarterly financial goals – Executing lead generation, developing and advancing opportunities through the sales funnel, Client satisfaction, and repeat business
- Support quarterly strategy reviews with a data-driven approach to evaluating the market and effectiveness of current plans.
- Lead the positioning of service offerings, including collaborating with internal (and/or external) partners on the development of strategic plans, target clients, and tailored offering collateral
- Lead the adaptation of standard value propositions, templates, and guides to support the effective communication of capabilities and delivery of projects.
- Regular review and iteration of Managed Security Services offerings message to align with client needs and improve market penetration.
- Process Improvement by reviewing sales processes, proposal processes, and identifying areas to improve for existing offerings.
- Be a part of the culture to continuously improve in a systematic way.
- Understand the client’s technology footprint, strategic growth plans, business drivers, technology strategy, and competitive landscape.
- Leverage existing client relationships inside the company to generate warm leads
- Position for and prepare responses and proposals to RFIs and RFPs in collaboration with business line leads
- Work with business line leadership to maintain up-to-date product/service/solution knowledge and participate in ongoing training
- Communicate offering/services benefits effectively
- Maintain accurate sales funnel data and achieve strategic targets
- Establish and maintain long-term business relationships
- Manage and interpret client requirements and properly set client expectations
- Partner with internal teams to provide technology support in larger work engagements
- Champion the value of technology innovation and automation for clients with internal teams
- Be a champion for 1898 & Co. business outcome solutions, in addition to Managed Security Services.
- Be one of the faces of the Security & Risk Consulting organization with regional media such as magazines, newspapers, digital media (e.g. podcasts, videos, etc.), radio, and/or television.
- Write articles and/or make conference presentations.
- Partner with broad sales team to position in new accounts and grow existing accounts
- Drive account discover/planning activities for technology solutions in assigned accounts
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS), Information Technology or related field. Applicable years of experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Minimum 13 years of related experience (3 or more years identifying and implementing solutions for industrial cybersecurity is required).
- Previous roles that engaged with external clients in a consulting capacity
- Working with clients to deploy/integrate/adopt operational technology platforms
- Preparing solutions focused on service definition and growth
- Developing solutions that lead to results with business impact
- Developing client relationships and winning work
- Advancing organization goals and growth
Preferred Skills include:
- Combination of technical skills and business acumen applied to solve complex client challenges through technical and operational solutions.
- Consulting experience and ability to manage industrial cybersecurity Implementation projects within IT and OT space of critical infrastructure clients.
- Background/knowledge/experience with OT Security Technology
- Knowledge of Critical Infrastructure sectors as it relates to industrial cybersecurity products and services and services.
- Advanced knowledge of ICS/SCADA environments in addition to some knowledge of enterprise IT architecture and systems.
- Knowledge of Operational Technology (OT) and IT Security MDR/SIEM/NGFW/Cloud/XDR Market
- Experience or Knowledge working with Technology Partners
- Knowledge of NERC CIP, NIST CSF, and other relevant cybersecurity frameworks.
- Strong leadership, project management, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Critical thinking and prioritization of resources to provide the most value to clients.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and make timely decisions.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work and communicate with technical and non-technical clients.
- Work collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Drive to keep skills aligned with industry advancements
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Business aptitude and negotiation skills
- Ability to teach technical concepts and a passion for continuous learning
- Contracts and commercial acumen to achieve strong financial results
- Travel: 40%-60% domestically; some International travel is possible.
Job date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 04:57:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!