Job title: Cybersecurity Analyst – Remote
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Job description: Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This role is an individual contributor for the Security Incident Response (SIR) Team. As the team has developed into a 24/7 365 operation, we require strong individual contributors that will investigate, analyze, and contain security incidents.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Solid ability to collaborate, delegate tasks and drive deadline compliance in a highly regulated, time sensitive environment
- Triage, escalation, and assisting the response of cybersecurity, policy and privacy related events and incidents
- Manage containment and remediation efforts of affected assets, IOCs, and TTPs
- Produce detailed incident reports and security recommendations
- Communicate, manage, and organize Cybersecurity Incident Response calls with internal teams
- Hold stakeholders accountable for remediation actions
- Providing training and guidance through complex incidents
- Integrate and collaborate with other subject matter experts throughout the organization
- Liaison with Cyber Defense, Privacy, Compliance, Legal, and Architecture teams
- Influence the creation and/or adoption of new standards and procedures
- Identify deficiencies in processes and tools, recommend security controls and/or corrective actions for mitigating technical and business risk. Contribute to Lessons Learned Meetings
- Monitor security intake technologies for reports of security incidents
- Potential on-call duties may be required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Information Technology Industry Certification: Willingness to obtain information/cybersecurity certification within nine (9) months of hire
- 2+ years of IT Security or Cyber Security experience in any of the following areas:
- Incident Response
- Cloud Engineering
- Application Security
- Cybersecurity threat detection, monitoring and reporting
- Cyber Intelligence and Threat Hunting
- Vulnerability Management
- 2+ years of experience analyzing attack vectors, current threats, and security remediation strategies
- 2+ years of experience with SIEM technologies, EDR technologies, and/or Asset isolation tools
- 2+ years of networking experience (including the OSI Model, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP), System Administration, and Security Architecture
- Ability to work off shift hours if needed (e.g. Nights and Weekends)
- Undergraduate degree or 2+ years equivalent experience
- CISSP, CISA, GCIH, CEH, CHFI, CCSP, SEC+, Net+
- PowerShell, KQL, or Python scripting experience
- Understanding of NIST 800-61, Cyber Kill Chain, and MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Spanish language skills
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $67,800 to $133,100 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Expected salary: $67800 – 133100 per year
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Job date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 22:42:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!