Job title: Cybersecurity Risk Management Architect
Job description: Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That’s because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation’s toughest challenges—and we’re committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We’re making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Cybersecurity risk architect leads the development of organizational cybersecurity risk mitigation strategies through application of frameworks and associated standards. Aligns standards, frameworks, and security controls to address current and emerging security threats and designs security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge. Maintains an ability to organize and manage teams consisting of both critical infrastructure sector and cybersecurity subject matter experts to tailor cybersecurity framework application to various critical sector ecosystems.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
- Working knowledge of NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF)
- Experience in developing NIST CSF Profiles
- Working knowledge of NIST 800 – 53 Controls
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management processes (e.g., methods for assessing and mitigating risk)
- Knowledge of laws, policies, procedures, or governance relevant to cybersecurity for critical infrastructures
- Ability to function in a collaborative environment, seeking continuous consultation with other analysts and experts—both internal and external to the organization—to leverage analytical and technical expertise
- Experience directing projects and initiatives and the ability to present to large groups
- 10-15 years of professional experience
- Working knowledge of North American Electric Reliability Corporation Critical Infrastructure Protection (NERC CIP), and Department of Energy Cybersecurity Maturity Capability Model (C2M2)
- Experience consulting on risk as it relates to Operations Technology
- Ability to assess risk in new and emerging technologies
- Skill in managing client relationships and developing business, including determining client needs/requirements, managing client expectations, and demonstrating commitment to delivering quality results
This requisition requires the candidate to have a minimum of the following clearance(s): Fitness – DHS
This requisition requires the hired candidate to have or obtain, within one year from the date of hire, the following clearance(s): Fitness – DHS
Work Location Type: Hybrid
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of age; ancestry; color; family medical or genetic information; gender identity and expression; marital, military, or veteran status; national and ethnic origin; physical or mental disability; political affiliation; pregnancy; race; religion; sex; sexual orientation; and any other protected characteristics. For further information please visit the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission website and .
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE’s employment process, please email .
Copyright © 1997-2023, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only. Benefits information may be found
Location: McLean, VA
Job date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 03:25:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!