Job title: Cybersecurity Incident Response Senior Consultant
Job description: ECS is seeking a Cybersecurity Incident Response Senior Consultant to work in our Washington, DC office.
The candidate will support the client’s incident response and communication across a complex environment that includes cloud, data centers, and disparate and geographically distinct business units. They will engage with and support a small team of highly capable incident responders, and lead activities involving coordination, cleanup, analysis, documentation, and reporting associated with managing the aftermath of a cyber incident and mitigating the threat.
The candidate will review and develop recommendations for current client incident response policy based on DOJ guidance, agency regulations, federal and state laws, and industry best practices. The candidate will communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization and will be responsible for daily collaboration with peers in the Security Operations Center (SOC), Additional critical communication will include but is not limited to incident status updates, briefings on incident response program health, critical incidents, containment, and mitigation activities, and stakeholder engagement for leadership. The candidate will also develop after-action reports (AAR), identify areas for improvement, and communicate results to leadership.
- TS Clearance with capability of obtaining SCI / CI-Poly if needed to meet contract requirements
- Bachelor’s degree; OR EIGHT (8) or more years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree
- FOUR (4) or more years of relevant experience
- Experience gathering, scrutinizing, and assessing information
- Knowledge of incident response, the security industry, technology, business, and professional knowledge to contribute to policymaking and process design.
- Experience with cyber incident response and writing/editing incident response-related documents, including presentations, manuals, reports, and white papers
- Excellent communication skills
- Department of Justice experience a plus
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3800+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
Location: Washington DC
Job date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 06:59:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!