Job title: Assistant General Counsel, Cybersecurity & Privacy – Americas
Job description: Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance in approximately 70 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets and manage risks.
We’re also committed to making a positive difference for our colleagues and in the communities where we work and live. We encourage colleagues to give back to the causes they care most about, supporting these efforts through our Volunteer Time Off and Matching Grants Programs.
Get to know the business
AIG’s Global Legal, Compliance, Regulatory and Government Affairs (GLCR) department is comprised of attorneys and other professionals providing high-quality advisory and transactional support with integrity and objectivity across all parts of the organization. The team ensures an operating environment that minimizes legal, regulatory and reputational risks and complies with all laws and regulations and AIG policies & procedures.
This is a global, diverse and award-winning team that has been recognized for its leadership and innovative solutions. You will also be eligible to participate in AIG’s award-winning pro bono program.
About the role
What you need to know:
AIG’s GLCR department is looking for an experienced attorney for our role as Assistant General Counsel, Cybersecurity & Privacy – Americas in New York, NY. Reporting to AIG’s Americas’ Cybersecurity and Privacy Legal Associate General Counsel, the role will:
- Draft and advise on information security and data privacy policies and procedures, and governance.
- Develop information security and data privacy contract templates, and provide guidance and training on the use of the templates to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Advise and support negotiations on North and South America (Americas) information security and data privacy legal requirements in agreements with vendors, business partners, and other third-party contracts.
- Provide solution-focused advice to multiple stakeholders across business teams and functions on Americas information security and data privacy legal requirements for new products and services, including encryption, multifactor authentication, and restrictions for marketing.
- Advise marketing teams on legal issues relating to marketing, advertising, and tracking technology.
- Analyze and advise internal and external stakeholders on new proposed information security and privacy laws in the Americas. Monitor and advise on implementation of new governing information security and privacy laws in the Americas.
- Provide information security and privacy legal support to business partners during mergers, acquisitions, and divestments.
- Serve as the legal point of contact during information security incidents and support continued improvement of AIG’s information security program.
- Advise on appropriate responses to international, federal and state governmental and external client inquiries regarding AIG information security and privacy practices.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop and provide relevant legal counseling and training on privacy and security subject areas to business partners.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in private practice law firm or in-house.
- Experience in Americas information security laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Experience in Americas privacy laws, regulations, and best practices, including GLBA, CCPA, LGPD, PIPEDA and/or other state and international privacy laws.
- Conscientious and collaborative, with an ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Proactive and innovative approach to problem-solving with an ability to adapt to shifting priorities and meet deadlines. Works well under pressure.
- Graduate of accredited law school in the US who is licensed or eligible to become licensed to practice in New York state or who is eligible to register as in-house counsel in the state of New York.
- Experience working in financial services.
- Experience working in information technology.
- Understanding of and experience with financial services-specific information security requirements, such as NYDFS Cybersecurity Regulations, GLBA, NAIC Information Security Laws.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
For this position based in New York City, the base salary range is $149,600 – $187,000 and the position is eligible for a bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable incentive plan. In addition, we’re proud to offer a range of competitive benefits, a summary of which can be viewed here: .
A look at our Benefits
We’re proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most – your health care, savings, financial protection and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family and military needs. For example, our “Giving Back” program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to volunteer in your community. Our global mental health and wellness days off provide all colleagues with a paid day off to focus on their mental health and wellbeing.
We also believe in fostering our colleagues’ development and offer a range of learning opportunities for colleagues to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. We have a tuition reimbursement program for eligible colleagues to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and its policies and procedures reflect this commitment. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories such as sexual orientation. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit:
AIG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to . Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Functional Area: LG – Legal, Regulatory & Gov’t Affairs
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
Expected salary: $149600 – 187000 per year
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 22:43:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!